Sponsors.

http://www.emailcashpro.com

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Human interaction, please?

I was chattng with my mum over the phone last night when I mentioned that me an my cousins used MSN to chat with each other if there's anything we need to say. I can't deny the convenience of doing so, and I guess it really is a lot easier than having to climb a flight of stairs just to utter a few words. However, it doesn't quite make things better from what I currently see.

Since Friday, I have more or less spent my days in my home, not wanting to travel down to school to use the library, partly because of the travelling time and the number of people cramming in there, and partly due to my own laziness. But anyways, my point is that besides the person I had to talk to to place my order during my dinner eat-outs, there basically hasn't been another human I have spoken to face to face.

When I was back home, I used to wake up to see my parents and usually not talk much at home, and I thought that maybe it's just me, that I don't quite like to talk and stuff, but really, it isn't just the talking at home that brings warmth. I think sometimes the mere presence of another person does bring comfort to a home, and that is what I am honestly lacking now. I know I'll get adjusted to this sooner or later, but for now, it can be quite disturbing to have to wake up and face a cold and quiet home.

No one is at fault, and if I really wanted to see someone I could always go down to the city and make myself feel more alive. It's just that this feeling has been within me for the last 3 or 4 days, and I almost feel like the poor chap from Cast Away, and it is starting to eat into me.

I guess it's all part of being away from home, and it's probably that a few other factors are contributing to this feeling and making everything seem really bad. I guess everything would be over in a jiffy. At leaast, I hope so.

For now, I shall go to the mirror and talk to myself.

No, kidding. I need to go have my lunch and talk to my usual chat buddy.