Sponsors.

http://www.emailcashpro.com

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Advertlets - the problem.

This post came a little late, but heck, I figured I still need to post it anyway.

I tried loading my page yesterday and lo and behold, I was directed to 'www.advertlets.com', featuring an option to buy that domain name. At first I thought I clicked on an anvertising site, so I refreshed my page, retyped the url, entered via an external link, all to no avail. Took me a couple of minutes to figure out what happened.

You see, I happen to run advertisments by a Advertlets, a Malaysian company, that uses 'Advertlets.com' as their home page. I stuck to it despite a few complaints over it's bugged payout system (that also paid me 0.001 cents for a hundred impressions a day - no, they are not CPC, so 0.001 is indeed buggy), and thought that they might be able to sort things out soon. But no, before they could sort it out, their domain page EXPIRED! And because of that, all codes that refer to Advertlets.com were redirected to the main page, thus turning my blog into a 'cheapskate-advert-redirecting-site'.

Let me first apologise to those who happen to drop by yesterday. I have already removed all Advertlet ads, so no more unwanted redirection to other sites.

Now, to those who happen to own blogs with Advertlets ads, please remove ad placings so that you would not have your blog visitors redirected to some empty site. Keep it that way at least until you hear news from Advertlets - which, I have a gut feeling, will never happen. I really hope it's just a technical glitch - I'm sure a few of you out there are still waiting for your money from them. Keep clam, stay cool, and hope for the best.

So this is it. Until I get a satisfactory answer from those people, there is no way I will risk my site being redirected again. Even if it's up by tonight, I would expect an email of sorts to at least explain what went wrong. Okay, I guess it's just a dream on my part; I doubt they'd even fix it.

Damn bug. Damn people.

Off to lunch now.