Sponsors.

http://www.emailcashpro.com

Monday, July 27, 2009

Round four.

So, forth semester. Nothing new this time I guess. Just trying to reorganize myself and get myself used to having lessons at different times and days. Well, more hours this time but packed into three days. Whenever someone asks about my schedule and I reply that I have a 3-day week, their jaws drop like they've just seen Barney prance across in pink tutus. Yes, 3 days sounds good, but 3 days does not mean you do not need to do work at home, and neither does it mean you don't have to give a damn about school, it just means you have longer days when you have to be in school for lessons.

I hope I have made it clear to everyone who asked that having 12 hours of lessons a week does not mean you have the remaining ( 7x24-12 = ) 156 hours to play. It means you have 12 hours in school, and a huge chunk more for assignments, revision, readings, and the likes. No, its not tough as hell, but neither is it easy-peasy that distinctions knock on your doors and await you to invite them in for tea.

It was my intention to come here to study and experience a different life. I guess I have had my share of a 'different' life, albeit one that is still pretty much Asian. Well, to be really frank, even though half the people I see on the streets are Asian, no was is the culture here close to what you'd get in Singapore. And that, I suppose, is what gives students the varied experience when they study overseas. Culture - both in terms of school life and also outside academia.

Okay, so here I am, at the start of Round Four. The first three have been relatively rewarding, and I guess this should too. More activities in school which aren't all about textbooks and lecture notes, and hopefully a more rewarding education outside of school. More habits to pick up, and also more skills to learn (and yes, I will once again attempt to find time for driving - really no good excuse now that I have more off-days).

Okay, enough for today. End of Day 1 of Round Four. It's already the end of July, and I'll be back again by the end of November. Never felt far away from home; guess it isn't easy to understand why.