Sponsors.

http://www.emailcashpro.com

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Awakening, or perhaps, regret.

It all hit me this morning. For the past few days I held firm to my beliefs, thinking that no matter how tragic things were, I was right in thinking that it was okay. Ignoring the fact that tens of thousands of individuals were suffering, I foolishly believed that on a larger scale, it would not make much of an impact. I let my angst and disgust, which upon further retrospect was both based on unfounded or distorted facts, take control and narrow my vision so much so that I voided any sympathy within me, culminating in plety of scornful comments and curt remarks.

For all that they have done, be it right or wrong, they are just humans just like I am, seeking to survive in this world, and to find happiness. Their actions, right or wrong, are not for me to judge for I am in no position to do so being a mere other human. We all seek the same fundamental goals of survival and happiness, and we are all equal in nature.

The distorted views and plenty of other thoughts I once held have led to a very narrow-minded take on the entire issue. One ought not to explain mishaps as karma with the wrong intention of seeking revenge, for doing so simply leads to a never-ending cycle of unhealthy thoughts.

I am truly regretful. Words I should not have said, thoughts I should not have formulated, attitudes I should have been more watchful of.

I am truly ashamed. Despite the texts I ave read, despite the lessons I have been taught, and despite all that I have told others, I fell right into the same trap.

My deepest sympathies to the victims of the quake, and my sincerest apologies to those have once scorned at, be it through words, thoughts, or actions.