Sponsors.

http://www.emailcashpro.com

Monday, May 12, 2008

Movie: Iron Man

"I shouldn't be alive... unless it was for a reason... I just finally know what I have to do. And I know in my heart that it's right." -Tony Starks."
I'm not one of those die-hard super-hero fans, and I have never really appreciated comics or anything, but somehow, the childhood fantasy of having awesome powers just got the better of me and so, off to the cinemas. It was a choice between Street Kings and Iron Man, but too bad, Keanu Reeves lost to Iron Man. (As I write this, I'm wondering how it might turn out if they really fought in the Matrix. Coolness.)

Robert Downey Jr. plays Tony Starks, child prodigy who 'at the age of 4, invented blah blah blah' - call him the Mozart of the engineering world if you would, and eventually took over his father's business, Stark Industries, as the world's leading weapons manufacturer.

Tony Starks is captured by terrorists wile on weapon demonstration trip, and is forced to rebuild the new missiles system, the Jericho. He and another captive, Yinsen (Shaun Toub) start work shortly after setting up a workshop in the caves. Tony was never going to build the missile, but an iron robotic suit to help them both escape - the moment where his concept of such a powerful suit is finally taking shape.

The plot is rather long and detailed, so I shall not go deeper into it, since it would obviously require a lot of spoilers to go through the story. The show's good, a lot of nice shots, suited to be your background display. This is a show for those who love to daydream about building robots and the likes, and watching Tony build Mark II of his suit really makes you drool. I personally liked the plot development, and I definitely enjoyed Robert's acting skills as the lax and casual Tony Starks - quite interesting since Robert isn't really a big name in Hollywood, but kudos to him anyway.

Great movie to catch, whether or not you are a comic-super-hero fan, not as dumb or pointless as you might think it is. And oh, please stay after the credits for a short introduction to Iron Man 2. Sadly, I didn't.