Sponsors.

http://www.emailcashpro.com

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

One lie covers another.

I was once approached to attend a talk. It was supposed to be some form of 'educational talk' covering topics on wealth management and other related issues. I was not too keen on attending, but I agreed anyway, thinking I could pull out anytime. And everytime the organiser called, I had to cook up some lame-ass excuse to miss the talk. They had talks twice weekly, and I ended up having to come up with a total of 8 excuses. One entire month. What a liar.

It took me one entire month to decide to say 'Sorry, I am not interested because blah blah blah.' And the preson kindly replied 'Oh, it's ok then, thank you.'

And I realised how stupid I had been. All I had to do was say 'no' from the start and I could aviod having to answer so many calls, lie so many times, and think about when the next call would come.

Lesson learnt. Just do what you have to do. Say 'no' if you have to. Spare everyone the trouble and save everyone's time.

It's quite funny everytime I think of people declaring that looks don't matter at all when dating anyone. I cannot help but laugh when I think of how these people never seem to remain true to themselves.

Liars. To themselves and people around. They believe that is better to lie to appear less superficial then to be truthful.

Why can't you just say what you have to say in a slightly diplomatic tone. And by the way, diplomatic does not mean you attempt to author a '101-excuses' book. Just kindly say 'no' if you have to and spare everyone the awkwardness. (If you really have problems finding the correct words, you are most probably a meanie who ought to be mean anyway, so just do it.) Do not go on about how your fish is pregnant and how you have to spend hours watching it in case the eggs crack resulting in a lack of time to spare on other things in your life. Be fair to everyone, including your fishes, please.

Maybe we should re-educate people on how we ought to be honest to ourselves and people around us, rather then just potraying the 'perfect' image of being 'un-superficial'. Or let's try another approach - Being superficial shall be the in thing this season.

You can't cover a hole with another.