Sponsors.

http://www.emailcashpro.com

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Freak weather.

Remember I mentioned the strong winds yesterday? Remember that I was thankful that there was no rain?

As I left the library, the rain came. A huge storm, of course, and one poor chap waiting at the tram stop was fighting the wind and rain with his pathetic umbrella. I felt quite sorry for him, but I really couldn't help but laugh when he started crying out for his umbrella in Mandarin. Made-in-China wielding a made-in-China fighting a thunder storm. Utter joke.

When I finally got down to the central station, I found out that the train service to my place got disrupted. Wait, not just my line, but a couple more. All thanks to the severe weather. We tried the 'alternative transport' provided, which required that we take a train to another stop before boarding a bus to get us back to our station. So we crammed into the train with plenty more people who were forced to take the same route.

I stepped out of the train at the station, and I thought I saw what looked like a food rationing queue. It looked like there were hundreds of people queueing to get their daily serve of bread. Crap. And according to one lady in the queue, she'd been there for 2 hours. No way would I ever wait 2 hours for a bus. Some alternative transport by the train operator. I stole a shot from outside the station.

Stranded and lost.
Knowing that there was no way the 3 of us could wait in the rain, we decided to head back to the city. Sitting in the train and staring out into the streets, I saw nothing but a black sky, shaded with a yellowish brown as the sun started to set. The streets were dark and quiet, and it looked exactly like a scene from some end-of-the-world-esque movie. Think 'I am Legend' in the evening, along with the zombies waiting to come out to play, and you'd probably get a rather accurate picture of ho eerie it was.

So my cousins and I ended up travelling back to the city and hanging out at a friend's place and going for cakes before our friend drove us home. Finally got home at 11.

Wait, that's not the end. As we approached the street, we noticed that everything was pitch dark. Great, a blackout to end the day. After being drenched and being stranded, we return home to a dark and cold house. All we had were 10 birthday candles, 3 each to bring into our on rooms - thank you to whoever left those behind.

That definitely was belated April Fool's. And thankfully the lights came back at 12.30am. The zombies we kept off. Phew.