Sponsors.

http://www.emailcashpro.com

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Frap a week. Maybe two?

It's been a long time ago, but I quite clearly remember how I got myself interested in coffee. I happened to hear someone order a Cappucino at some cafe, and having seen the foam and powder sprinkled on top, I knew I had to have a taste of it one day.

I'm not one of those who can have my coffee served black or without sugar. I still cannot appreciate the acidity of such coffee - a little too sour sometimes. Maybe I'm not one of those connoisseurs who can wax lyrical about the difference between Javanese, Brazilian or African beans. I belong more to the condemned bunch of 'new-generation coffee-lovers' who prefer their coffees served with extra flavours or chilled. Call me a 'Starbucks/Coffee Bean/Pacific Coffee Company/The Coffee Connoisseur Freak' or anything you want, but my preference for a Frappacino/Ice Blended/Chillino/Frappé/anything cold never dies.

I decided to drop by at Starbucks before heading off for dinner with my family and aunt after work at Waraku restaurant. Ordered my all-time Java Chip Frap, sat down with a Tiramisu, and happily started on my book. I swear I could have sat there the whole day, reading my book, sipping my Frap, enjoying my Tiramisu, all in the comfort of the comfy arm-chair while watching the world outside move by. No doubt $12 is indeed quite a hefty sum to pay for a coffee and a dessert, but I guess it is still quite reasonable to indulge once in awhile? (Okay, I admit, more than that for me.)

I want to sit down and watch the world go by, with my Frap in my hand, with the music playing gently, and with my mind at ease, free. (Maybe tea would do fine too?