Sponsors.

http://www.emailcashpro.com

Sunday, November 18, 2007

The maiden voyage - well, almost.

After a long 7/8 years, I finally put on another pair of blades. Yes, it's the pair I got recently, and it's the first time I officially used them. Unforgettable.

Let's just say I fell again. Okay, just once, but I swear it isn't fun. Well, it didn't seem to me like it would be anything serious (actually, I still think it's just a slight injury, but my hand seems to tell me otherwise), but problem is, I tore my pair of Mambo's I bought from Aussie. Fishcakes and cheese-pie.

And guess what, I lost my carrying strap too. Must have dropped it or left it where we were changing into blades. Anyhows, it shouldn't be worth alot, just a little troublesome to go get another all over again.

Here's what happened. Met Jovan for a rather light but satisfying lunch at Siglap at about 3, then we headed down to East Coast Park to start blading. Decided to do so because Ben was going to be a little late. Bladed for almost two hours, then Sue and Marcus came, so Jovan went home, and I bladed with them while they cycled. And Ben finally got to the east at about 6 plus, and we decided to meet at Aston's for dinner. Poor Ben had to wait in the queue for us. (Ha, that's for being late.)

Blading was really fun, although a little tiring. Had to get used to it all over again. The fall really didn't seem serious till evening came - my wrist went totally stiff and I can hardly move my wrist. Dinner at Astons was great, but it was quite funny having to eat with one hand. (Thanks to Sue for cutting the chicken up for me.) We then went over to Parkway after dinner to hang at Coffee Bean and played Munchkins, and I got home before 12.

That pretty sums it up. I think anyone would find it freaking hilarious watching me type this blogpost, or simply trying to use my mouse. I can't really type fast and my left hand's doing most of the typing. And oh, bathing, washing face, brushing teeth, pouring water - all with a left hand only - isn't fun at all.

I swear I took decades to type this short post. Maybe I do need a doctor afterall.